Saturday 21 December 2013

Tatoba Combo Set 3D

It's been two weeks since I last posted my 3D works and I was busy with other 3D works. In this new post today, I have been working on a side project which  has been done just recently and I like to present you all the 3D model - Tatoba Combo Set from the Japanese TV show Kamen Rider OOO. Just to let you know that this was one of my best 3D assets made so far, the Tatoba combo consists of three core medals - Taka, Tora, and Batta core medal which allows the main character - Hino Eiji to transform into OOO tapping into the medals' powers as seen in the show.

Meanings of taka, tora, and batta in Japanese
- Taka means "Hawk"
- Tora means "Tiger"
- Batta means "Grasshopper"

I started by modeling the symbol of animals/insects first provided with the reference using polygonal plane and forming the shape shown on the medal as one model piece, the front piece of the core medal was a separate piece same goes for the back of the medal. I assigned each piece with shaders - blinn for the symbols, mia material for the ring of the core medal, and the phong for the front-back piece. Here are the render images of the Tatoba combo set, hope you like!


Tatoba combo set




Taka core medal







Tora core medal




Batta core medal




Tatoba core medal in ambient occlusion



Core medal back view



No comments:

Post a Comment